Asia Pacific channel forecasts
2022 – 2027

This report shares the Asia Pacific view of our channel forecasts to 2027, combining data from 14 major markets across the region. 

CP Group: data

See data on the retailer’s performance and forecasts for its operations by channel.

Asia retail trends 2023

We highlight five trends that we expect to shape Asia grocery retail market over the next 12 months and beyond.

Thailand Country Presentation

A guide to Thailand's grocery market and how we expect the country, its leading retailers and channels to evolve over the next five years.

Latest News

News Feature image

I have the privilege of visiting stores in Thailand every year to see firsthand how they are evolving over time. In my last two visits, there is a growing use of digital screens in different parts of the stores. Some of these are being used to generate extra revenue for the retailer, while others are enabling communication with shoppers.

More News

CPALL, Big C (Berli Jucker), and Central Retail Corporation have all recently reported Q2 and/or H1 2023 results – we examine the key figures and performance of each retailer CPALL: sales up, with convenience the main driver of growth The group, which operates 7-11 in Thailand, reported strong YoY growth of 8.5%, up to THB232,002m in Q2. Gross profit also increased, growing 13.6% YoY to THB...
Lotus’s Thailand has launched the country’s first unstaffed store launched on 3 July 2023. A seamless shopping experience Lotus’s Pick & Go is over 30 sqm and carries over 400 product items. 90% are beverages and snacks, and the remaining 10% are daily essential products. The store is next to Lotus’s North Ratchapruek community centre flagship hypermarket. It is launched in collaboration wi...
Thailand multi-format retailer CP Group has opened a new premium hypermarket called Lotus's Prive. This is in line with our global retail forecasts 2023, where we expect that retailers will bring back the magic of stores. Read the full report for the other trends  here . New store, new look The new design reflects a premium hypermarket to feature the unique elements of the store with a focu...
5-year forecasts to 2027

Exclusive to subscribers.

Gain a view of what future growth to expect and start building your long-term strategy with our retailer and market forecasts to 2027.

IGD newsletters

Get the latest industry news and insights straight to your inbox with our range of newsletters

Please login to this service
to view this data