Bestway aims to deliver its mission by focusing on these four strategic objectives:
- The business remains expansion-minded, with a focus on widening its customer base both in the retail and foodservice channels, through extending its service capability by adding a growing range of delivery platforms to the core cash & carry operation.
- As well as pursuing organic expansion Bestway continues to seek potential acquisitions both in cash & carry and delivered wholesale sectors, where these can help in-fill gaps in geography or capability.
- Two key developments in 2018 were the launch of a direct to store van sales service in snacks and confectionery for retail customers and the acquisition of the Bargain Booze off licence franchise business, comprising a distribution network to some 700 franchised stores nationally.
- This has added significant additional 'reach' to the Bestway business in the independent retail channel, plus additional buying scale especially in the alcohol category.
|Dual format portfolio
- Though substantially integrated with Bestway, Batley's retains a level of operational independence, and the cash & carry fascia and brand continue to be maintained and developed, helping to underpin customer loyalty as well as to target different catchment opportunities, according to the traditional strengths of its offer.
|Maximising retail trade
- Independent retailers remain the bedrock of the Bestway customer base, and the business remains fully committed to further developing and supporting this segment.
- Bestway seeks to provide a full portfolio of support to meet the whole range of retailer requirements. from those looking for a complete professional package, including store fit and category management services to those simply seeking a reliable source of authoritative and good value product ranges.
- For retailers seeking a total package Bestway offers the Best-One symbol group, a high quality store fit supported by a full-service offer, including delivery and drop shipment etc.
- Retailers can also benefit from a wide range of promotional offers, both to provide trade savings, and to provide deals to consumers to drive sales through exclusive 'retail club' programmes supported with free point-of-sale material.
|Developing the catering offer
- While the independent retailing segment is pressured, the independent catering sector remains significantly more numerous and vital, and offers a significant customer opportunity for the future.
- Using the better developed Batley's offer, including specialist private label ranges as well as fresh produce and butchery counters, Bestway has developed enhanced ranges and services for caterers to its wider cash & carry portfolio, including chilled ranges and butchery.
- Now branded BB Foodservice offer Bestway's catering offer includes an online ordering service, supported with customer delivery from selected depots plus the option of 'click & collect'.
- Building on its stronger catering heritage in Scotland and the north of England BB Foodservice has also developed contract service capabilities, and has a growing customer base amongst public sector organisations.